Facebook recently decided to splash out on Oculus’ virtual reality system, the Oculus Rift. The question is, have Facebook got it in them to take virtual reality to the next level, and is the $2 billion purchase really worth it for a company that knows next to nothing about gaming?
Tech experts and various critics have criticised the purchase, mainly because they felt the Kickstarter campaign was something that could succeed on its own. However, the benefits of Facebook’s acquisition have also been recognised.
- More money for Oculus. Better chance of going the distance and achieving great things.
- Technology that can provide for multiple industries and not just for gaming.
- It will get the reception it needs to succeed on the release date
- Facebook aren’t a trusted company when it comes to online security. Are consumers going to be happy with Facebook taking over a gaming platform after their history with user privacy?
- Developers don’t like working with Facebook due to unfriendly business terms.
- Will Oculus still be recognised for their achievements once Facebook starts advertising?
Pronetic know all about online security, but we’re also experts in providing our clients with IT Security Services. Get in touch today and discover how we can improve the security of your online business.