If you’d like to be able to get a report about how you or your family members use your Apple devices, apps, and websites, how much time is spent on them, and (for example) set limits on your child’s device, there’s an app in the new iOS 12 to help you do it. Here’s how :
– Turn on the ‘Screen Time’ app: on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Screen Time.
– Select ‘Turn On Screen Time’.
– Select ‘Continue’.
– Select This is My (device) or This is My Child’s (device).
You can now get reports. To set limits, you can configure your child’s device from your own device using ‘Family Sharing’:
– Go to Settings > Screen Time (if you’re already in a Family Group).
– Tap your child’s name.
– If you need to create a new Apple ID for your child, go to Settings > (your name) > Family Sharing > Screen Time.
– If you’re new to Family Sharing, ‘Set up Screen Time for Family’.
– Follow the instructions to add a child and set up your family.
– Add any other family members from the Family Sharing settings at any time.